19 Nov 2008

Excitement through the post

I came home to find 2 parcels waiting on the doorstep. One had a stamp with an elephant from Thailand and the other one had a stamp featuring a green winged pigeon, equally exotic from Malaysia. I had been busy on ebay last week and so knew exactly what awaited me, I couldn't believe they arrived so quick. (combined expenditure under a tenner) I managed to get inside the flat and tidy up a bit before actually getting started on ripping open the parcels. More plants for my windowsills.
Number one parcel picked to open first was the box from Thailand. It contained a hybrid Adenium seedling, lost a few leaves in transit but generally it faired very well for such a long journey. Also popularly known as the Desert Rose this plant is a native of East Africa but is propagated in Thailand in huge quantities. Currently looks like this but will one day look like these stunners. Best site I found for Adenium info http://www.tropicanursery.com



1 comment:

  1. That's a cool package of "exotic" plants. I am amazed at the great condition after shipping all the way from Asia.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails