19 Nov 2008

And the second box contained

Second parcel this one from Malaysia contained a Vanda orchid seedling also from ebay, specifically a hybrid called Robert's Delight. Vanda orchids originate from the Himalayas and the name of the species comes from the Sanskrit name Vanda tessellata. It came in a tiny 1.5 inch basket with coconut hair and thankfully some very healthy looking roots and I don't think I will move it to a basket until next spring. This is my first Vanda so fingers crossed it survives until the weather warms up. I'm expecting both of these exotics to go into some sort of shock as its freezing here and not what they've been used to. Below is the vanda arranged suspended over a a glass so the roots can hang freely in a humid atmosphere, this is my temporary solution until I get a basket with wire suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails