29 Jul 2009

Little Ray the Brugmasia has moved with me

This is Little Ray in his new home. I brought him back to Hayling from Cambridge with me in the van. He has grown very horizontal as he was confined in the dark hallway of my flat but now his free to grow up and up and hopefully produce me some flowers. When he arrived in the garden he was still in a pot that was much too small. With the result that he had to be stabilized by bricks to ensure he didn't topple over and break his arms.





I bought him a new pot, its plastic so im able to lift him in and out in winter. I also bought some Stoppa Slug tape to try and thwart the slugs and snails that will inevitably want to come and munch him. The tape is made of copper and will apparently deter the nasties that will try to eat Ray.


Inside the pot I started with some big stoned I took from the beach, then a mixture of soil rich in organic matter and perlite. I hope this will make him healthy and lead to flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails