19 Mar 2009

House plants March 09

Echeveria cutting has finally grown it's own body

Epiphyllum cactus number 219 from Glenhirst cactus nursery has also now sprouted.
Lithops Marmorata growing new leaves. I expected this lithops to flower last autumn but when nothing happened I realise now it is probably too young to flower. Reading the fantastic 'A guide to the cultivation of Lithops' written by Nick Rowlette.I can now see that my little lithops is working to a different internal timetable.

Since I first saw the new leaves I am with holding all water until the old leaves are completely shivelled as from these the new leaves take their water supply. See my old photos Lithops and Epiphyllum Sept 08

Vanda orchid from Thailand, i thought the cold winter and lack of light had done for it but now the weather is improving there's a new leaf growing.

Brand spanking new Epiphyllum cactus from Vince the gardener, I wonder what it will grow up to be?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Emma, stopped by to thank you for following my blog. Your plants look great! And glad to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails